Retire Your American Flag in The Most Respectful, Dignified and Safest Way Possible
American Flags should be retired if they are
- Torn and tattered beyond repair
- Sun-bleached or extremely faded
Many of today’s flags are composed of synthetic fibers. These Fibers
- Burn at an accelerated rate
- The flames can be difficult to control
- Will emit noxious gases harmful to humans and local ecosystems
Donate your American Flag to Johnson Funeral Home to ensure your flag will be
- Retired in a dignified and respectful manner
- Safely disposed of in a controlled environment without the risk of harming others or local ecosystems
- Disposed by the preferred method in compliance to United States Flag Code, Title 4, Section 8k
Your flag will be retired in the most patriotic and respectful way possible. By being placed and cremated with a veteran who has bravely served our great nation.
All families and local businesses who retire their American Flag with Johnson Funeral Home will receive an Official Flag Retirement Certificate to honor and remember your act of patriotism and responsibility.
How to donate your retired American Flag
You can donate your American Flag by bringing it to either of our locations. Please call if you have any questions.