When a death occurs in your family, notify Johnson Funeral Home by calling (337) 478-8687
You will be faced with important tasks and decision-making during a very difficult time. Our caring staff is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist you with the details and offer our guidance.
We have compiled the following list to help guide you through the steps you will need to take when a death has occurred. We will coordinate all these with you.
The following are some questions that we may ask when you call:
- What is the full name of the your loved one?
- What is the location of your loved one (Hospital, Nursing Facility or Residence)?
- What is your name, address and telephone number?
- What is the name, address and phone number of the next-of-kin?
- Is there a pre-arranged funeral plan? (If yes, what is the plan name or number?) We will then set an appointment time for you to come to the funeral home to complete the details of the funeral arrangement.
- We will ask you to bring in some items and information that will be necessary to complete the arrangement. These items will include:
- Clothing for your loved one
- Social security number of your loved one
- Their birth date and city and state of birth
- Their parents names, including mother’s maiden name
- Information about their education
- Marital status
- Veteran’s discharge papers or Claim Number
- A recent photograph of your loved one
- Pre-arrangement paperwork (if applicable)
- Cemetery lot information (if applicable)
We will assist you every step of the way with everything involved.
Please know you are not alone. Our caring staff are experts at helping you and your family navigate the planning process. We are available at anytime, please call Johnson Funeral Home for assistance at (337) 478-8687.